1. Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. It is used as a sealant for unwanted open spaces in the hive. Propolis is used for small gaps (approximately 6 millimeters (0.24 in) or less), while larger spaces are usually filled with beeswax. Its color varies depending on its botanical source, the most common being dark brown. Propolis is sticky at and above room temperature (20 °C). At lower temperatures, it becomes hard and very brittle.
3. The use of propolis:Medical uses( As an antimicrobial, As an emollient, As an immunomodulator, As a dental antiplaque, As an antitumor growth agent); Commercial uses(In musical instruments, In food, Car wax)
We have our own factory, we can supply you best quality with competitive price.Welcome to visit our factory.
Usage / Function / Application
(1) As an antimicrobial
Depending upon its composition, propolis may show powerful local antibiotic and antifungal properties
(2) As an emollient
Studies also indicate that it may be effective in treating skin burns.
(3) As an immunomodulator
Propolis also exhibits immunostimulant effects
(4) Propolis is a subject of recent dentistry research, since there is some evidence that propolis may actively protect against dental caries and other forms of oral disease, due to its antimicrobial properties.
(5) As an antitumor growth agent
(6) In musical instruments
Propolis is used by certain music instrument makers to enhance the appearance of the wood grain. It is a component of some varnishes and was reportedly used by Antonio Stradivari.
(7) In food Propolis is used by some chewing gum manufacturers to make Propolis Gum.
(8)Car wax Propolis is used to bring about a chemical reaction to convert fats and oils into automobile wax during application